Sunday, May 24, 2015

A whole lot of stitching going on (from last year)

For some reason I wrote this post last year and never posted it. This is from our last stitching retreat that our little stitching group had last year. I wanted to share all the wonderful work that my friends were stitching on.

Retreat!!!!! Instead of a call to move back this was a long awaited call to dig in and stitch, stitch, stitch and stitch we did. There were finishes. There always are even when we have gone to one day retreats. I seem to always be working on such large things that finishes are few and far between for me but I love to see all of the ones everyone else has accomplished. It is always fun and inspiring to be with this bunch of ladies.

Kay's Rosewood Manner 

close up of darning pattern

Kay and her start on the darning pattern by Drawn Thread I think


Spring Quaker by Rosewood Manor

Jeannette and her progress

Gretchen hard at work on her blue and white piece

Joan stitching on the bunny

Joan's Homespun Elegance design bunny from a pillow 

One of the Bride's tree ornaments



Map Of USA update

Besides stitching we had great food with everyone contributing something special. We never have to worry about running out of food.
I took the map and was pleased to be able to spend some concentrated time stitching on it. I also took the Home Ornament that I wanted to finish since I had gotten the threads I needed. I also took a long time WIP that I really want to get done for myself but didn't spend a lot of time with it because I really want to get the gift stitching done. Like many people there is so much to stitch and so little time in the day to get it all done. For me it is soothing, for the most part anyway.
We had a great day. Lots of laughter, and for real a whole lot of stitching going on.
Hope you have a day full of stitchy time.
Marjo

No comments:

Post a Comment